“Better to eat a dry crust of bread with peace of mind
than have a banquet in a house full of trouble”
The Healing Power of Tumeric
Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant & has a tough brown skin & deep orange flesh .Turmeric has a peppery, warm & bitter flavor, with a mild fragrance that is similar to oranges & ginger Turmeric has long been considered a powerful healing, medicinal food, that has long been used in the Chinese & Indian healing systems as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of conditions. The primary healing ingredient in tumeric is curcumin, which is a curcuminoid. Curcumin is what turmeric its yellow color. Western scientists first isolated the curcumin molecule in 1815, obtained its crystalline form in 1870,& then determined its overall structure in 1910.
Tumeric has the ability to provide healing for the whole person.
Multiple studies have shown that the healing compounds contained within tumeric have the potential to:
- Support healthy joint functioning
- Provides nutritive support for healthy & radiant skin
- Balances digestive function
- Promote a healthy immune system
- Supports the overall health of your skeletal system
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Promotes healthy liver function
- Provides support for healthy blood
The curcumin contained within tumeric is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are very important for your overall health, vitality & well-being. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals & have the potential to slow down the signs of normal aging, such as:
Curcumin is the active compound of tumeric & is a very potent antioxidant. Curcumin is powerful enough to neutralize the hydroxyl free radical, which is thought to be the most reactive of all free radical oxidants. Tumeric also has the ability to heal & enhance the beauty & youth of your skin, by:
- Promotes healthy vibrant skin by supporitng healthy blood & liver functions
- Helps your skin to cleanse itself & to maintain it’s suppleness & its elasticity
- Provide holistic nourishment for your skin
Tumeric is a powerful, foundational, & holistic cellular healer. Tumeric provides supportive healing by:
- Neutralizing substances that cause cellular stress & disharmony
- Supports cellular integrity, especially when exposed to environmental stressors
- Provides antioxidant support at the level of cellular functioning
Tumeric is considered vital to the Ayurvedic healing practice. Ayurveda is an ancient, holistic health system from India. “Ayurveda” means “Knowledge of Life”. Using Ayurvedic terms, Tumeric is thought to:
- Supports verdana sthapana, by promoting a healthy nervous system
- Supports sangrahani, by supporting the bodies absorption of vitamins, minerals, & other nutrients
- Supports anulomana, by helping to release cellular wastes & build healthy & vital blood
- Supports rakta stambhaka, by strengthening the circulatory system
Tumeric is best added to your diet as an organic, high quality supplement. You can support your health even more by eating Tumeric in your food. Here are a few healthy recipes, that use Tumeric. Remember to use high quality organic ingredients.
Please talk with your Health Care provider before adding Tumeric to your diet.
Written by Pamela S. Robinson
© 2013 – 2014, All Rights Reserved